A deliverable destination
At the heart of the UK, Doncaster Sheffield Airport is the gateway to the Sheffield City Region and is the only airport to have England’s fourth largest city in its unique catchment.
Doncaster Sheffield Airport is one of our most exciting developments, benefitting from direct motorway access, excellent freight rail links and a close proximity to the UK’s largest port.
The statistics speak for themselves:
- 8 million people live within a 45-minute drive from the airport
- 6 million people in Yorkshire and the North Midlands live within 60 minutes
- 9 million people make 7.6 million journeys per year in our unique catchment area
- The Sheffield City Region economy is worth £28 billion
We think Doncaster is a great place to live, work, visit and invest but there are many reasons why people want to come to the region and why many more stay, here are just a few:
- A thriving commercial centre with a number of multi-national businesses
- Two universities with access to 40,000 national and international students
- Quality of life with low crime rates
- Bursting with culture, entertainment, leisure and sport to suit all tastes and budgets
- A resilient region makes us a safe bet
The airport handles approx. 1 million passengers a year, operators include Thomson, First Choice, Wizzair, Aer Lingus and Flybe serving over 40 destinations across Europe, the USA and Canada.
With direct on-site access to Doncaster Sheffield Airport’s air cargo handling facilities and passenger terminal, an on-site electricity substation to accommodate high energy requirements and the regions Advanced Manufacturing Park and Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre just under 20 minutes’ drive away, what’s stopping you? Get in touch today.