A superb retail destination
Doncaster continues to provide a strong retail offer & has weathered the challenging years High Streets have faced.
Building on this benchmark, Doncaster is looking to the future to maximise the opportunities in the borough of Doncaster and ensure its distinctiveness is retained.
As the high street demands change Doncaster Town Centre is determined to change with it. By creating a pathway through the heart of the town, developing distinctive zonal areas we will be able to provide the all-important unique, modern experience for its shoppers - for locals and for visitors. They are:
- Sir Nigel Gresley Square - cultural quarter with our new 6 Screen cinema development & 4 restaurants.
- The Village at Waterdale - a new 180,00 sq ft retail / leisure scheme currently underway to complement our cultural quarter.
- Priory Walk - pedestrianized high quality leisure and retail offer with Flannels, USC & Sports Direct opening in April, this pleasant walkway will draw people through.
- Mansion Square - our heart, this quarter featuring the wonderful Mansion House will provide high quality retail & leisure in beautiful surroundings, creating an aspirational high street.
- Scot Lane - active promotion underway to locate young independent shops offering a unique retail experience.
- Market Square – an award winning international meat & fish market & the historical Corn Exchange, this market is about to go under redevelopment which will bring it into the modern retail environment but still complement the existing market.
- International Cuisine – Doncaster truly embraces international cuisine, join our growing evening food offer, from Italy to Spain, from America to Turkey, from France back to Yorkshire, we have everything for everyone.
Information on the Urban Centre Masterplan which includes major regeneration development can be found here.
What contributes to making Doncaster standout is its range of market towns of Bawtry, Tickhill and Mexborough, with delightful boutiques, quality restaurants / cafes and high quality retail parks, all surrounded by fascinating history. The combination of high street brands, designer styles and a fantastic leisure draw is all complemented by our attractions which include world class horse racing, a fabulous theatre/performance venue, a medieval castle, a European Tour development coming soon, and the UK’s No.1 walk through safari park and so much more.