SCR Small Business Leadership Programme
The Small Business Leadership Programme is a free and fully funded programme for SMEs to enhance resilience and develop potential for future growth and productivity.
By joining the programme you will benefit from the support of business experts in the development of strategic management and leadership skills to help boost your business performance. You will also have an opportunity to strengthen your business networks and create peer business support groups.
The dedicated programme is structured over 10 weeks of delivery including webinars and peer group mentoring and will cover areas including leadership, innovation, employee engagement, operational efficiency, marketing, sustainable practices, and finance.
Programme start dates:
- 17 November
- 1 December
- Your business must be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the Sheffield City Region.
- Your business employs between 5 and 249 people and have been operational for at least one year.
- The participant should be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business with at least one person reporting directly to them.
- The participant must be able to commit to attending the full programme.
- Make your business more productive and resilient
- Boost business performance and growth
- Create an innovative and agile organisation
- Recover from the impact of COVID-19
- Plan for the future of your business
- Build leadership confidence and effectiveness
- Build lasting relationships with a network of small business leaders
- Improve risk management and efficiency
The programme is:
- A structured programme of eight 90-minute webinars over the course of 10 weeks. You will also be required to complete up to two hours of independent study and peer supported learning per week.
- A network of up to 20 other small business leaders and opportunities for peer-learning.
- Facilitated by small business experts in university business schools.
- A practical curriculum which will help you to develop leadership skills to improve performance in your business.
Topics and themes covered include:
- Innovation and Markets: What is meant by innovation in business? How it impacts on productivity and how to respond and recover from challenges.
- Leadership and Employee Engagement: Develop your leadership skills to have a positive effect on the performance of your business; and assess the key elements of employee engagement to achieve high performance.
- Vision, Purpose and Brand: Explore your own leadership style and how to get the best out of the people around you; understanding the culture of your business.
- Demand Creation and Customer Relationships: Identify key markets for your business and consider your approach to creating customer demand and building customer relationships.
- Operational Efficiency: Build a strategic approach to operations management including the use of digital technologies
- Finance and Financial Management: Understand the key elements and principles of financial management and the use of financial data to support strategic decision making in your business.
- Action Planning and Implementation: Develop an action plan for resilience and productivity in your business, including what key tools and metrics are required to measure your performance.