Skills and Training
People mean business
Quality is vital for business success. Whether it’s your own management skills, the performance of your employees or keeping an eye on the competition, a constant focus on high performance can help your business succeed.
There is no doubt that those businesses that continue to invest time and money in their workforce by offering regular training and development, see the benefit of their efforts through business growth. Investing in the skills of your workforce can also help keep you ahead of your competitors.
Do you have less than 25 employees?
If so, then you could benefit from a new tailored recruitment service to help you source disabled talent. The Small Employer Offer is a new package pf support and advice from Jobcentre Plus to help raise awareness with small employers of the support available to them when employing a person with a long-term health condition or disability.
The Jobcentre Plus advisers will:
- work with small employers to develop and maintain relationships
- ensure the correct person is referred to a vacancy or work placement opportunity
- support employers and their employees when completing Access to Work applications
- provide help and advice on work adaptations and access needs
- make available funding of £500 to you after 3 months employment for any ongoing needs such as mentoring, additional management time or training
If you are interested in the Small Employer Offer, further information about this package of support can be obtained from the Small Employer Advisor at your local Jobcentre Plus (details below)
Small Employer Advisor: Lee Turner
Telephone: 01302 503723 or 07823 662082
For employment opportunities within the Sheffield City Region, please visit: www.sheffieldcityregion.jobs