Doncaster Sheffield Airport, the fastest growing airport in the North of England
At the heart of the UK, Doncaster Sheffield Airport is the gateway to the Sheffield City Region and is the UK’s newest international airport.
Following an initial £150 million investment by the Peel Group it opened in 2005. The central location, excellent facilities and surrounding development space put it firmly on the map as one of the most important aviation hubs in the north of England.
Home to the likes of Thomson, First Choice, Wizz Air, Thomas Cook and Flybe, the airport offers flights to over 40 destinations across Europe, the USA and Canada.
This range of choice – coupled with convenient parking, check-in and facilities – has proved popular with the public.
With the new motorway link road, Great Yorkshire Way now open, the future of the fastest-growing airport in the north of England looks brighter than ever.
Road, rail and air
The airport has a travel-time population of 6.5 million people within 60 minutes and 11.9 million within 90 minutes.
However, Aero Centre offers much more than a regional or Northern Powerhouse opportunity.
Further infrastructure development focusing on a direct link to the East Coast Mainline (ECML) allows the airport to deliver a nationally significant aviation asset and transforms Aero Centre’s potential.
A direct link into the ECML would provide connectivity to Central London (Kings Cross) in around 75 minutes and access to key cities such as Sheffield, Leeds, York, Hull and Derby in under 60 minutes.
The statistics speak for themselves:
- 8 million people live within a 45-minute drive from the airport
- 6 million people in Yorkshire and the North Midlands live within 60 minutes
- 9 million people make 7.6 million journeys per year in our unique catchment area
- The Sheffield City Region economy is worth £28 billion
We think Doncaster is a great place to live, work, visit and invest but there are many reasons why people want to come to the region and why many more stay, here are just a few:
- A thriving commercial centre with a number of multi-national businesses
- Two universities with access to 40,000 national and international students
- Quality of life with low crime rates
- Bursting with culture, entertainment, leisure and sport to suit all tastes and budgets
- A resilient region makes us a safe bet
With direct on-site access to Doncaster Sheffield Airport’s air cargo handling facilities and passenger terminal, an on-site electricity substation to accommodate high energy requirements and the regions Advanced Manufacturing Park and Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre just under 20 minutes’ drive away, what’s stopping you? Get in touch today.