3D Modelling - Digitalising Construction for SMEs
Join the Sheffield Innovation Programme at this free workshop to find out about digital construction, understand how you can engage with BIM and the commercial benefits for your business. The advantages include creating efficiencies, reducing cost, increasing profitability and opening the door to new commercial opportunities.
It is becoming increasingly important for SMEs in the construction supply chain to engage with digital technologies. Adoption can promote business growth and help to secure contracts in the private and public sector. National and international construction businesses are looking for their supply chains to adopt BIM and government contracts require suppliers to operate in a BIM environment.
The workshop will cover the fundamentals of Revit and the requirements and considerations for adopting BIM. Early involvement and good communication between project teams and suppliers is vital to ensure the success of a build. The workshop will look at lessons learnt from previous projects and effective implementation, exploring the software available and the implication of single shared models required for BIM Level 3.
The workshop will explore
- What is digital construction and BIM?
- Compliance and Uniclass - why these are important and ways of integrating into Revit
- Why BIM is important to the industry, your clients and the supply chain
- What now? Understanding your BIM readiness
- An overview of the Revit environment and some of the additional resources
- Requirements and considerations of upfront costs
- More about BIM roles/Managers
The workshop will be delivered by Jacob Ware with contributions from industry.