5G Sector Specific Testbeds and Trials Funding Roundtable - Manufacturing
In support of the upcoming 5G Sectors Testbeds & Trials national competition we will identify how your business can apply for funding for the development of new products, services and experiences, technically and commercially, utilising 5G technology.
This half day event is a briefing opportunity for interested bidders from the public and private sectors to learn more of this fund and discuss potential projects with representatives from DCMS and the Digital Catapult who are supporting DCMS in this. Further information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/case-studies/sector-testbeds-and-trials-projects and for the Digital Catapult at www.digicatapult.org.uk"
As announced by Jeremy Wright last week, this new 5G Sector Testbeds & Trials competition will have £40m available for match-funded projects over the next 2.5 years, representing a great new opportunity for innovation across the manufacturing industries and its UK supply chain. You can read the DCMS press release here.
This is a unique opportunity for companies to learn about 5G capabilities and how they can be used to develop new value propositions that embrace the potential of future disruptive technologies.
By attending the round table, you can expect:
- An overview of 5G and its potential impact in the manufacturing sector.
- It will demonstrate 5G use cases, explain how 5G compares to other connectivity (including but not limited to 4G, LAN and WIFI)
- An introduction to help with the building of consortia that will bid into the upcoming 5G Sector Testbeds and Trials competition.
- Opportunities to answer key questions regarding the application of 5G into the sector and what potential bids for the competition might look like.
Who should attend?
This event will be of benefit to organisations looking to understand 5G in the manufacturing space. We are seeking a varied audience of senior executives from all sizes of businesses, from startups to large corporates.
Agenda as follows:
- 1.00pm - Arrivals, networking and coffee
- 1.30pm - Welcome note & introductions
- 2.00pm - Project context
- 2.15pm - 5G analysis report/use cases
- 2.45pm - 5G Sector Specific Testbeds & Trials funding
- 3.15pm - Open discussion: 5G in manufacturing
- 4.00pm - Closing remarks