Chamber Digital - Doncaster’s Digital Future
Our interactive online sessions comprise of 20 minutes from an expert speaker followed by an open Q&A where you will be able to ask the expert questions directly.
This webinar will be hosted by Natalie Ward City Manager for City Fibre and Scott Cardwell Assistant Director for Development at Doncaster Council.
Do you want to know how full fibre will benefit you as a business? How it will make your working life easier? How digital will boost the local Doncaster economy?
Doncaster’s key priorities include: building a strong local economy to support progressive, healthy, safe and vibrant communities, as well as demonstrating commitment to achieve potential in employment, education and care.
With full fibre beneath its streets, Doncaster’s entire digital landscape will be transformed – making the town more innovative, more productive and giving a digital boost to the local economy for decades to come. Creating futureproof platforms for economic growth, innovation and global competitiveness for years to come.sa Gigabit City?
The applications and benefits of gigabit- speed internet connectivity are endless and the opportunities for Doncaster businesses and community need to be explored and embraced to secure the massive benefits:
- Revolutionise the online world at home by unlocking new forms of entertainment
- Flexible home and remote working
- Digital advantage equivalent to that enjoyed by companies based in the world’s most technologically advanced cities
- Introducing innovative e-learning techniques and remote lessons in schools, colleges
- Experimentation with smart city initiatives such big data projects, high definition CCTV and smart traffic controls.
- Health and social care sectors given the foundation for crucial health and social care solutions such as telemedicine, remote monitoring of the elderly, and convenient online GP consultation.
Ultimately, as every aspect of our lives becomes increasingly dependent on connectivity and Doncaster will be primed to thrive – making it one of the UK’s most attractive areas to live and work.
For all webinars you are required to make a ZOOM account so you can attend. Please follow the link below to create an account
Once you have booked on you will be sent instructions on how to join the session.