Financial Planning for Growing Businesses
The Masterclass will be a directed discussion format based around three key areas of financial management. These are:
- Management information
- Tax Planning for business
- Obtaining funding & raising finance
Delegates will receive presentations on each of the above areas from Shorts Chartered Accountants, Accounts, Management Accounts, Tax and Corporate Finance Departments. The presenters will then lead discussions with the group on the issues raised and attendees will be encouraged to discuss real life issues they are facing within their business.
The Masterclass will also cover:
- Good quality management information – what it is, why it is important, using technology and the cloud to get better MI
- Tax Planning for business – Top ten things all businesses should consider about tax
- Obtaining funding and raising finance - overview of the process and the types of funding available
What are the benefits to my business?
- Gain a better understanding of some of the fundamentals of good financial management.
- They will get a better understanding of how to deliver more insightful and useful business information and how this can lead to better informed decisions and lead to better performance.
- They will gain an understanding of the technology that is currently available to make their business processes more efficient.
- They will gain a better awareness of the current taxation issues facing business.
- They will get a better understanding of the processes involved in raising finance and the different types of funding available.
Who is the Masterclass for?
This Masterclass is aimed at owner managed businesses or decision makers within the business. They may or may not have a finance focus. The Masterclass is relevant to all businesses, however, those who have seen significant change or growth recently or are looking to grow or obtain investment or raise funding soon may find this particularly useful.
Who is leading it?
- Tim Baum-Dixon – Senior Manager - Tim specialises in assisting business to get the most from their management information, accounting systems and processes. He specialises in helping to providing high quality management information for businesses of all sizes.
- Scott Burkinshaw – Tax Partner - A Chartered Tax Adviser, Scott focuses on providing proactive corporate and personal tax advice. By understanding the objectives of businesses and their owners, Scott can draw on his extensive experience to advise on the most tax efficient ways to achieve their short and long term aims.
- Andy Ryder – Corporate Finance Partner - Andy has extensive experience of lead advisory assignments including acquisitions, disposals, management buy outs / buy ins, fund raising, and financial modelling across a variety of sectors and a range of deal sizes. He has also undertaken a wide range of due diligence assignments.
Only one registration per business via Eventbrite will be confirmed. If additional people from your business would like to attend, they can be added to a waiting list by emailing email@example.com with the business name, name of additional attendee and contact telephone number. If this Masterclass isn’t fully subscribed upon the closure of registrations, we will contact you to offer the additional place.
The waiting list will be prioritised on a first come first served basis. Businesses that register more than one attendee via Eventbrite will be contacted and asked to nominate one person to attend.