Outlook 2018 (Yorkshire)
Brexit, creaking consumer confidence, rising inflation, rising interest rates and a President seemingly intent on causing chaos in 140 characters or less – 2017 has been a year that has seen the storm clouds beginning to gather.
But what does 2018 have in store for Yorkshire businesses?
TheBusinessDesk.com, in association with DLA Piper and Grant Thornton, is holding a breakfast seminar focusing on potential opportunities and challenges the region will face next year.
– What does 2018 hold for prosperity and growth for the region?
– How can the region continue to strengthen its combined voice? Will devolution finally deliver or will the Northern Powerhouse run out of steam?
– What skills will be needed and can we we address the skills gap?
– Does the quailty of life our cities provide, as well as our cultural aspirations, stand us in good stead for 2018 and beyond?
– What impact could Brexit have and how will Yorkshire businesses face it?
This free event will stimulate discussion and debate from key influencers across varying sectors and see what investment and development opportunities can help to drive the region’s prosperity to offer a thriving economy.
Our panel of senior business leaders:
• Lee Savage, UK development director at Moda Living and Caddick
• Henri Murison, director of Northern Powerhouse Partnership
• James Hawkins, NHS Digital’s director of programmes
• Paul Hardy, national brexit director at DLA Piper
• Allison Page, managing partner at DLA Piper, Leeds
• Andy Wood, managing partner for Grant Thornton, Leeds