Writing a Winning Public-Sector Bid: How to Respond and Submit a Tender (Barnsley)
This one-day Masterclass provides an essential introduction to public sector tendering for small and medium -sized enterprises (SMEs) and what is involved in formulating and writing a public sector bid response.
This Masterclass will cover:
The workshop will commence with an opening session focusing on Preparing your Business to Tender (Session 1) and How and Where to Find Tender Opportunities (Session 2) and will continue with Writing a Winning Public-Sector Bid: How to Respond and Submit a Tender (Session 3).
Session 1: Preparing Your Business to Tender:
- Explanation / contextualisation of public sector tendering, the opportunities and challenges
- Tendering thresholds, different types of tendering (e.g. framework, restrictive, open etc) and procurement rules
- How to be tender ready, consideration of supplier requirements and the policies, accreditations, finance information, insurances, case studies needed to apply and organisational management of the tendering process
- Attendees will undertake an organisational Tender Ready Review to identify the information they need to be tender ready and develop their own action plan for implementation. They will also take away a free Tender Ready Guide containing examples of policies and procedure templates which they will be able to adapt for their own organisation.
Session 2: How and Where to Find Tender Opportunities:
- Live demonstrations of the main tender portals (Contracts Finder, Due North/Proaxis, Intend) and other ways to find tenders (social media, newsletters, web searches), commercial tender search services, paid for tender portal e.g. Achilles, Local Authority contract registers and upcoming bid opportunities, Crown Commercial portal
- Candidates who haven’t already registered will be supported to register and set up saved daily searches
- Explanation of how to find opportunities, register interest and download tender documents.
- Clarification of the different types of tender documents, Standard Questionnaire (SQ), on-line questionnaires, ITT’s, Form of Tender, Collusive Tendering Form.
Workshop 3: Session 3: Writing a Winning Bid: How to Respond and Submit a Tender
- Interpreting bid questions and ensure compliant answers, exploring how to formulate responses, key considerations, checking responses against evaluation frameworks, what makes an effective method statement
- Brokering bidding partnerships and consortia
- Developing a library of stock answers to common bid questions. Examples of completed successful tender questions and the opportunity to work on either their own tender or to have a go at example tender questions with feedback and input and answers, do’s and don’ts of tendering, storyboarding, tender question layout, submission and uploading your tender
- Adding ‘real’ value to your public sector tender offerings
- Finding out the result, what happens next and how to secure feedback on your response.
- The tender presentation requirement: key winning features
- Learning from unsuccessful tenders
Workshop Tender Surgery: After the presentation element of the workshop is complete all attendees will be offered a minimum 15-minute surgery with Rachel or Julia to discuss and formulate either a Tender Development Plan for their organisation to support them to put into practice the information they have learnt or the opportunity to discuss a current tender they are working on.
Who is the masterclass for?
This Masterclass is for all growing SMEs within the Sheffield City Region, as long as the below eligibility criteria is met.