From a multi-award winning market to multiple retail outlets
Doncaster continues to provide a strong retail offer and is looking to the future, quickly changing to adapt and create opportunities in the borough of Doncaster, ensuring its retail offer is retained.
As retail on the high street changes, Doncaster Town Centre is determined to change with it. We have exciting developments underway to provide the all-important unique, modern experience for its shoppers and visitors. As areas are improved with investment the town centre looks to build a centre for the future.
- Frenchgate Shopping Centre - Attracting over 17m visitors per year, constantly striving to build upon its existing profile and presence within the Town Centre.
- Sir Nigel Gresley Square – We are building our new leisure complex featuring a 6 Screen cinema development along with 5 restaurants & bars.
- The Village at Waterdale - a new 180,00 sq ft retail / leisure scheme currently underway to complement our cultural quarter.
- Priory Walk - pedestrianised high quality leisure and retail offer.
- Mansion Square – the heart of our town. This square features the wonderful Civic Mansion House and provides high quality retail and leisure in beautiful surroundings, creating our aspirational high street.
- Scot Lane - active promotion underway to locate young independent shops offering a unique retail experience.
- Market Square – an award winning international meat & fish market & the historical Wool Market and Corn Exchange, currently undergoing redevelopment to bring it into the modern retail environment but still complement the existing market.
- International Cuisine – Doncaster truly embraces international cuisine, join our growing evening food offer, from Italy to Spain, from America to Turkey, from France back to Yorkshire, we have something for everyone.
Information on the Urban Centre Masterplan which includes major regeneration development can be found here.
What contributes to making Doncaster standout is its range of towns such as Bawtry, Tickhill and Mexborough, with delightful boutiques, quality restaurants, cafes and markets. The combination of high street brands, retail parks and independent designer styles is complemented by our strong tourism attractions which includes world class horse racing, a fabulous theatre & performance venue, a medieval castle and the UK’s No.1 walk through safari park and so much more.
Below is a map of Doncaster, you can download the map here.