Rail Freight Terminal
iPort Rail - the UK’s newest intermodal inland rail freight hub
Sitting on 35 acres within the 337-acre iPort logistics park, this independently-operated, high volume, secure container site will offer 24/7 access to customers, with state-of-the-art facilities designed to help businesses transport their goods as quickly and cost-effectively as possible in an environmentally friendly way.
iPort Rail provided multimodal connectivity minimising downtime and linking quickly to national and international freight networks.
The iPort developers, Verdion will be putting up two further speculative buildings for completion in autumn 2018, these will be 120,000 sq ft and 60,000 sq ft respectively.
- Maximum UK train length capacity at 775m
- 1 x 800m reception siding
- 2 x 400m length handling sidings
- Head-shunt and refuge siding
- Capacity to handle up to 6 trains per day
- Channel Tunnel (SACTFF) approved secure facility for international movements
- 1,500 TEUs storage capacity
- Reach stacker operation (115 tonne front axle load)
Download the iPort Rail brochure here.
Below is a video of the iPort Rail terminal in Doncaster.
Contact our Rail Sector Development Manager Andrew Webb on email@example.com or call 01302 862464 for more information.