In total, there are over 50,000 new jobs available that could help you bridge the gap if you're worried about your finances, with opportunities local to Doncaster workforce highlighted below.
The spread of coronavirus is understandably making some workers anxious about their financial situation.
Supermarkets and online delivery services have been exceptionally busy during the coronavirus outbreak with delivery slots selling out at a faster rate than usual. Shoppers are describing the delays as "worse than Christmas".
Tesco has announced that it is hiring 20,000 new staff to meet the coronavirus panic-buying demand.
Morrisons says it is creating 3,500 jobs to help expand home deliveries to get groceries to vulnerable people.
Online retail giant Amazon is also hiring in the UK, as are food delivery services like Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats.
Self-employed and contract workers are reporting financial worries because of lost work as the virus continues to spread and some firms have made huge numbers of staff redundant as they struggle to cope with the impacts of staff and customers self-isolating.
Here we round up all the new jobs that are being advertised to help people who need extra work.
Which companies are creating new jobs?
The following companies have announced that they are boosting staff numbers to cope with extra demand from the coronavirus spread:
- Aldi: The discounter has created 5,000 new temporary jobs and has 4,000 permanent vacancies currently available across all parts of it business. Permanent roles include in stores, head office and logistics, while the temporary jobs will be in stores and distribution centres with an immediate start date. It says that temporary roles could become permanent.
You can find Doncaster jobs here: https://aldi.vacancy-filler.co.uk/Candidate/SelectPosition or https://www.aldirecruitment.co.uk/apply/
- Lidl: has said it will create about 2,500 temporary jobs across its 800 stores in the UK. The majority of these must be applied to via LinkedIn - https://careers.lidl.co.uk/stores/stock-assistant?fbclid=IwAR1Cq6kFEtkaw4B1AMHIjZ_jcNtwg5IPKSN_kFvHJPC_tGR7xs7ZR3gy0rg
- Amazon: Amazon is looking for delivery drivers and operations specialists across several parts of the UK. These are also being posted onto LinkedIn, as well as jobs site Jora UK. A full list of job roles can be seen here, alternatively visit their recruitment partners PMP and Adecco.
- Asda: Asda is taking on 5,000 temporary employees - workers will be offered shifts or temporary roles. Current employees are being encouraged to recruit people on social media, as well as friends and family. There are vacancies across different parts of the country and can be seen on jobs site Get Your Vacancy. View the full list of jobs here or drop in with your right to work and NI number.
- Iceland: Iceland is looking for retail assistants and store managers. If you're interested, you can apply via LinkedIn or browse more jobs here.
- Tesco: lots of immediate vacancies online, apply and submit right to work and await a call back: https://www.tesco-careers.com/search-and-apply
- Morrisons: Morrisons is creating 3,500 new jobs to help with home delivery demand: https://morrisons.jobs/ or drop in with your right to work and NI number.
All other supermarkets - see online however these are actively recruiting.
If you require any support, further information and guidance our team at Advance can help with local career information. Please contact email@example.com or call 01302 735556.
Any Doncaster iPort businesses looking to recruit will be displayed on the academy website https://www.iportacademy.co.uk/ and all updates on temporary recruitment will be added and posted out on their Twitter and Facebook accounts - @iportacademy