Nominate a community hero for a seat in a Tour de Yorkshire race car, get creative with the window dressing competition for local businesses or the micro grant scheme to help with your TDY activities - there’s lots of opportunities to get into the TDY spirit as we countdown to the big day on Thursday 2nd May.
Event-goers can enjoy the breath-taking spectacle of world class cyclists in action as Doncaster hosts Stage One of the Men’s Race on Thursday 2 May. The start of the race will begin in what will be our newly refurbished market square which will showcase our historic market to the world. The route will also go through Bentley, Toll Bar, Owston, Askern, Campsall and Norton.
Visit the dedicated Tour de Yorkshire page for the following...
- Details of this year’s route through Doncaster
- How to nominate an unsung hero for a race side seat in a TDY race car - an unsung Doncaster community hero could experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ride in a Tour de Yorkshire race car and follow the stage from start to finish following the riders along the route.
- Information about the Communities Micro Grant Funding Scheme - the scheme is being offered to facilitate a ‘festival atmosphere’ and encourage people to be more active in the surrounding communities around Tour de Yorkshire 2019.
- How to enter the best dressed window competition for local businesses - local businesses are invited to share the Tour de Yorkshire spirit with the launch of a best dressed window competition. Great prizes to be won!
- A list of local contacts for those interested in getting involved with the community's plans for the day and to take part in some potential volunteer work.
The page will include new information as the countdown continues so be sure to visit Tour de Yorkshire to keep updated.