In response to the recent Covid-19 outbreak, here are some of the measures being implemented to support local businesses:
- Small Business Grant Scheme: requests are now open to businesses that pay little or no business rates because of small business rate relief (SBRR), rural rate relief (RRR) and tapered relief. Eligible businesses are able to apply for a one-off £10,000 grant.
- The Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Scheme: requests are now open for businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a property that has a rateable value up to £15,000 to apply for a £10,000 grant. Those in the same sector with a property that has a rateable value between £15,000 and less than £51,000 can apply to receive a £25,000 grant.
Applications must be made via the form linked below for both of the above schemes:
Alternatively, if you are having difficulty using the form, please call the Business Rates team on 01302 734454 (option 2 for advice).
- Business Rates Holiday: all retail/hospitality/leisure businesses will receive a holiday for the 2020/21 tax year, irrespective of the rateable value of the property. There is no action required for businesses here.
- All properties occupied by providers on Ofsted's Early Years Register and wholly or mainly used for the provision of the Early Years Foundation Stage will receive a Business Rates holiday for the 2020/21 tax year, irrespective of the rateable value of the property.
Business Rates bills for 2020/21 have already been sent to Doncaster businesses. As a result these bills will only show entitlement to any relevant relief at the levels before the government announcements were made. We are currently waiting for further guidance from Government regarding these measures.
Doncaster Council is committed to introducing these measures as soon as possible and our website will be updated once further information is available.
Current government advice is for everyone to stay at home, except in specific situations, including:
- only going outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- staying 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people ('social distancing')
- avoiding busy commuting times on public transport where travel is essential
- washing your hands as soon as you get home
Employers should support their workforce to take these steps including agreeing more flexible ways of working.
Further information on Government announcements will be updated regularly our web page: https://wearedoncaster.co.uk/business-in-doncaster/business-support/business-support-during-coronavirus-covid-19/