On behalf of Doncaster Council we are writing to you today as a business based in the borough of Doncaster to ensure that you have all the correct information and know the action you need to take to access the measures introduced by the government designed to assist you during the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The measures include:
- A 100% Business Rates discount for most businesses in the retail, leisure and hospitality sectors for the tax year 2020 to 2021. This is irrespective of the rateable value of the property.
- A cash grant of £10,000 to small businesses who are currently eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
- A £25,000 grant will also be provided to retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000, who qualify for the Expanded Retail Discount.
- A £10,000 grant will be provided to retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a rateable value of less than £15,000, which qualify for the Expanded Retail Discount, and are not in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief
- A 100% Business Rates discount for the tax year 2020 to 2021 for all properties occupied by providers on the Ofsted Early Years Register and wholly or mainly used for the provision of the Early Years Foundation Stage. This is irrespective of the rateable value of the property.
To submit a small business and retail, hospitality and leisure grant request please apply as soon as possible by completing the on-line grant request form via https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-advice-for-employers-and-businesses. If you are not on-line, please telephone 01302 736000 and someone will complete the form over the phone on your behalf. Doncaster Council is committed to getting this grant to you as soon as possible once you have completed the request with the information required by the government.
Your business rates bill for 2020/21 has already been sent to you. As a result these bills will only show entitlement to any relevant relief at the levels before the changes made by the chancellor in response to COVID-19.
We are currently waiting for the funding for these measures and Doncaster Council is committed to introducing them as soon as possible and issuing revised bills. The same web page will be updated once further information is available.
In addition Doncaster Council will be making payments more quickly to its suppliers, many of whom are local businesses.
Ros Jones, Mayor of Doncaster
Damian Allen, Chief Executive Doncaster Council
Dr. Rupert Suckling, Director of Public Health