Sir Nigel Knowles, Chair of the SCR’s Local Enterprise Board, said: “This is a region that knows how to do business, and fast.
“We’ve seen a phenomenal increase in traffic through Doncaster Sheffield Airport thanks to ‘pump priming’ funding put into the M18 link road by the SCR. More than 1,000 jobs have been created by international firms investing across the region in the last year, giving us a huge vote of confidence.
“And we know exactly how we will ensure projects can get up and running without delay as we’ve mapped it all in our ‘Integrated Infrastructure Plan’. We’ll be launching the plan at MIPIM.
“Doing business in the Sheffield City Region is very easy thanks to our dynamic private and public sector partnership. We also offer a bedrock of stability thanks to the £1.3billion devolution deal we negotiated. This guarantees investment for the next 30 years, and means decisions for the Sheffield City Region are made here and not in Westminster.
“We have significant assets ready for investment, a straightforward approach to planning and infrastructure, and committed support for skills, training and business growth. Our Integrated Infrastructure Plan sets ambitious targets on job creation and attracting businesses to the region. We remain firmly committed to this and that is why our offer to investors is so strong.”
Key opportunities which will be showcased this week include:
- The Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District, (AMID) a UK first, which extends the huge success of the Advanced Manufacturing Park where Sheffield University and global businesses such as Boeing, Rolls-Royce and BAE Systems work closely together.
- The Olympic Legacy Park – within the AMID, a revolutionary approach to wellbeing and medical technologies.
- A revitalised Barnsley Town Centre which will see a redeveloped town square, new market hall, shopping boulevard and car parking.
- Doncaster European Golf Championship Course at historic Rossington Hall which will see the picturesque site transformed into a world class golf complex and resort under the European Tour Destinations banner.
- Doncaster Sheffield Airport – has passenger flights to over 30 destinations worldwide including direct flights to Paris and Berlin, a catchment of almost 5million people, and a strong freight offering. Design and build options are on offer for both hangars and industrial units and there is already planning consent for over 2,000,000 sq ft of commercial development.
- Peak Resort Development
Peak is a £400 million leisure, health, sport and education resort on the edge of the glorious Peak District National Park and is set to become one of the UK’s flagship tourist attractions
Sir Steve Houghton CBE, Chair of Sheffield City Region Combined Authority, said: “Doncaster Sheffield Airport is helping us build a truly competitive centre of excellence in Sheffield City Region. It is a key part of our strategic plan to grow the economy and create more and better jobs for local people.
“Businesses and residents across Sheffield City Region are proud of our fast-growing airport and are embracing the opportunity to get to their destinations more conveniently and more quickly than ever before thanks to the new link road. As our airport continues to grow, more people are travelling to more destinations and are spreading the word about our super-connected region. This makes Sheffield City Region an even greater place for living.”
The Sheffield City Region delegation will be hosting a programme of events to discuss investment opportunities and the support the Region offers in detail.
The programme opens with a networking event on Wednesday 19 October at 9.45am hosted by Sir Nigel Knowles, Chair of the SCR LEP, and Sir Steve Houghton, Chair of the SCR Combined Authority. This is expected to be extremely popular so early registration is advised.
It is followed by a series of presentations on the Sheffield City Region stand G-14 throughout Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 October, and by one-to-one meetings throughout the week.
For further details or to book for the Wednesday 19 October event or a one-to-one meeting please email email@example.com.