Following central Government’s latest announcement, introducing the new local COVID Alert Level system, you will likely be aware that Doncaster has been placed into the ‘HIGH’ category.
What does this mean?
This means new restrictions are now in place across Doncaster to try and slow the spread of the virus as much as possible locally:
- you must not socialise with anybody who you do not live with or have formed a support bubble with, in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place, including hospitality venues.
- you must not socialise in a group of more than six outside, including in a garden or other space, such as beaches or parks (other than where specific exemptions apply in law)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- schools, universities and places of worship remain open
- weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with, or for youth or disability sport
- you can continue to travel to venues or amenities that are open, for work or to access education, but should look to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
I appreciate these are difficult times for us all and I would like to personally thank you for everything you have done this year to support our community. However, it is now more important than ever that we pull together and each do our bit to make sure the new regulations are followed.
Further information can be found on the Doncaster Council website, at www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-covid-19
Once again, thank you for your continued support and your commitment to our community. Let’s work together to follow these new restrictions and Let’s Do it for Doncaster.
Dr. Rupert Suckling - Director of Public Health, Doncaster Council