Connectivity and Location
Everything central to your needs
Road, Rail, Air and Sea
When you locate in Doncaster you plug into the most perfectly connected network in the north of England/ UK.
Doncaster is at the heart of the UK and it's motorway network. Its excellent proximity to the country's main arterial routes including 5 major motorways (M18, M1, A1 (M), M62, M180) has helped to create a thriving transport and logistics sector, centred around the region's key motorway access points.
Over 50% of the UK’s manufacturing base is less than 2 hours 15 minutes drive from the region.
Over 100 trains pass through Doncaster station daily. The East Coast Main Line is one of Europe's most important rail routes, linking the capitals of England and Scotland and passing directly through our region. LNER are proud owners of Doncaster Station with significant improvements planned and the arrival of Azuma Trains in 2019 - we are steaming ahead.
Passenger Rail Services
Doncaster Station is a major passenger interchange on the UK’s high-speed, north-south mainline (the East Coast Main Line, connecting London with Edinburgh), providing fast, frequent connections to all major UK cities and continental Europe, including:
- London (King’s Cross) - 93 minutes
- York - 20 minutes
- Sheffield - 22 minutes
- Leeds - 30 minutes
- Manchester - 80 minutes
- Newcastle - 83 minutes
- Birmingham - 88 minutes
- Edinburgh - 178 minutes
Freight rail corridors in the East of the region link the Humber ports complex to the two inland container terminals at Doncaster railport, which currently handle 37,000 deep sea containers a year. The iPort intermodal rail freight facility offers a superb logistics rail connnection from and to the iPort.
Doncaster Sheffield Airport, is the UK's fastest growing airport outside of London and with brand new low cost routes regularly becoming available, access to Europe and the world is made with ease.
With key features it's one of only a handful in the UK capable of hosting long haul and freight plane services and one of the UK’s largest aviation business parks. It includes:
- A 3,000m runway capable of handling the worlds largest cargo aircraft
- Strong growth in cargo operations handling over 10,000 tonnes of freight each year with potential to increase to 250,000 tonnes
- Flights from Europe and beyond with named operators such as Tui and Wizz Air
- Caters for over 1.3 million passengers per year
- Flights to over 50 destinations across Europe and beyond including business destinations such as Alicante, Gdansk, Krakow, Lublin, Naples and Warsaw.
- Benefits from a new direct link from M18 motorway via Great Yorkshire Way
- 1,600 acre site available for immediate development
- Potential to link existing rail direct to the airport - by 2023
Doncaster is also less than one hour away from the Humber Ports, the UK's largest port complex linking our fantastic warehousing and distribution offer with import and export opportunities.
We really are the multimodal area of the future.
To learn more call 01302 735555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org